The title says it all: it is about time we had a Nepomuk workshop. As I already wrote on Monday I am planning a Nepomuk coding sprint. The idea of this sprint/workshop is to invite developers looking to integrate Nepomuk into their application. It is not intended for people who are “just” interested in the technology. A really focused and productive workshop with roughly 10 developers is what I have in mind.
Goals I would want to achieve in the Nepomuk sprint:
- Useful Nepomuk integration into all attending developers’ applications
- Attending developers become Nepomuk “experts”
- A How-to for other developers to integrate Nepomuk in applications (based on examples)
The workshop will take place in Freiburg:
No final date has been set yet. Possible dates include 29.05.-31-05. or 13.06.-14.06. But this is still open and can be discussed once a list of participants has been gathered.
If you are interested in participating in the workshop, please subscribe to the Nepomuk-KDE mailing list and give the following information:
- Application affiliation (it is important that apart from Nepomuk there is nothing that you need to learn in order to work on the app)
- Preferred date (if none is suitable propose another)
- Do you need funding for travel and accommodation?
- Are you interested in a social event on day four (rock climbing or something similar in the black forest)?